Yunnie's Kimchi Quesadilla
Happy Cinco De Mayo! I had to bring you a recipe that holds true to my roots and all things Kimchi Avocado. Growing up in Los Angeles, Mexican food was easily a staple as Korean food was. Here is my kimchi quesadilla recipe. And trust me, you’re going to keep going back for more. The fermented spicy kick with the melted cheese is an umami perfection you didn’t know you need. For that extra step, leave it on the pan for crispy crunch parts.
1tsb unsalted butter
2 flour/corn tortillas
1/4 cup shredded cheddar and jack
1 scallion chopped
Cilantro to garnish
- Start with a heated skillet
- Melt 1tsb of unsalted butter
- On low heat, lay two tortillas
- Add half of the cheese mixture to each tortilla to one side of the tortilla
- Add your favorite kimchi, along with sliced avocados and scallions
- When your cheese starts to melt, fold over your tortilla.
- You can get creative with the toppings! I love adding sour cream and cilantro to mine!