Leftover Halloween Candy Cookies
Let’s be honest, for years my husband and I would sneak candy out of my kids Halloween candy stash. We were standing in line at one of our favorite cookie shops in LA, Diddy Reese and when my son asked to order the M and M cookie, that’s when it dawned on me….why not throw all the candy we have at home in a cookie mix!
I make 2 batches; one to consume right away and those are usually bite size. I do this so they fit in our Bento Box lunch trays from Planet Box. The others I make gi-normous and freeze them so I have on hand for guests, last-minute birthday treats or for those days you just need a boulder sized cookie to cheer someone up.
The cookies you are planning to eat right away still need to chill in the fridge for an hour before baking. You can either scoop and refrigerate or put all the dough in before forming balls
The larger cookies you plan on freezing should be formed into balls and frozen on a parchment lined cookie tray for a minimum of 2 hours. Once they are fully frozen, transfer to zipped top bag labeled with the date, baking temperature and time. The batch will last for up to 3 months. Future YOU will thank you on that day you forgot a co-workers birthday and can whip up a batch in 15 minutes.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups chopped candy (I used kit Kat, m and m, snickers, milky way, twix, heath bar)
- Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter, oil and sugars with electric mixer.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then one cup at a time add to wet mixture mixing between each addition.
- Fold in chopped candy.
- Using an ice cream scooper add to parchment lined cookie sheet 3 inches apart. Bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack until cookies set.
I use the medium ice cream scoop 2.8 tbsp/1.4 OZ
- Preheat 375 and bake for 9-11 minutes on parchment lined baking sheet.
I use the large ice cream scoop 5.4 tbsp/ 2.7 OZ