S’mores Cookie Skillet
Summer 2020 has been…..interesting. Ironically, I’ve had some of the most meaningful moments with my kids and husband. Yes, most days I am not sure what day of the week it is, or month, but the marker of each day is mealtime. I don’t know if the slower pace of our lives has amplified my taste buds or heightened my sense of gratitude for the food we are blessed to eat, but we all enjoy every meal as if it’s our last or as if we have never eaten before. One of my favorite summer traditions we have made is a go-to dessert, s’mores. The other night the kids asked if we were doing s’mores. Truth be told, I was feeling lazy and didn’t want to build the fire. That’s when I whipped out my favorite cookie skillet recipe and threw all the s’mores ingredients in. S’mores and Cookie Skillet made a baby and let me tell you….she’s a keeper.
- 1 1/2 sticks softened butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I like dark)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 graham cracker sheets broken into large chunks
- 1 whole Hersheys chocolate bar broken into large chunks
- 10 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375
- Beat together butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla until creamy. About 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, baking soda and powder and cinnamon. Add this mixture to the wet mixture and mix with spatula.
- Fold in the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie mixture into the cast iron skillet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the skillet and add the marshmallows and place all throughout the top of cookie leaving room fro graham crackers and chocolate chunks.
- Continue to bake the cookie for 5 minutes allowing marshmallows to brown.
- Remove the skillet and add the chocolate chunks and graham crackers.