Kids Soba Noodle Salad
We are coming off of a weeklong heat wave here in LA and all my family wanted was to eat cold foods for every meal. We alternated between overnight oats and acai bowls for breakfast and cold soba noodles and salads for dinner. This soba noodle recipe comes together in less than 10 minutes and you can switch up the toppings or proteins you serve with the noodles to keep it exciting. Our go-to toppings this week were furikake (from Trader Joe’s) and silky tofu, broccoli, edamame and Japanese cucumber salad.
This recipe is also perfect for a school lunch since it’s delicious served at room temp. Added bonus, it fits in our favorite Planet Box perfectly.
- 2 tbs soy sauce or gluten free Tamari
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 4 oz cooked soba noodles
- Cook soba noodles according to directions on package.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients and minced garlic in a bowl and whisk together.
- Pour over noodles and use chopsticks to mix making sure to get dressing in between all the noodles.
- Optional sprinkle with Furikake and scallions. I served with tofu, broccoli and pickled cucumbers on the side.