Buckwheat Soba Noodle Salad
photos by Yu Tsai
Everyone needs a go-to recipe when asked to bring a side dish to a BBQ or picnic. You’re not likely to see a Soba Noodle Salad at a BBQ, so it is usually the first thing to go. The dressing is way more than you need, make sure to dress the salad with 1-2 tbl at a time until it is dressed to your preference. Store extra dressing in a mason jar in the fridge and make another round of soba noodle salad or use as a marinade for fish, salmon works really well!
Serves 6 / Prep Time 30 min / Cook Time 20 min / Difficulty Easy
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce or Gluten Free Tamari
- 1/4 TSP Grated Ginger
- 2 TBL Honey
- 1 TBL Rice Vinegar
- 1 TSP Sriracha
- 1 TSP Fish Sauce
- 2 TBL Sesame Oil
- Juice and Zest from 1 Lime
- Dress salad 1-2 tbl at a time and store remaining dressing in a mason jar in fridge for 3-5 days.
- 8 OZ Buckwheat Soba Noodles
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrot
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro Rough Chopped w/ Stem
- 2 Scallions Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Sugar Snap Peas Cut in half Diagonally
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Slice Thin Strips
- 2 Cups Chopped Red Cabbage
- 1 Cup Chopped Napa Cabbage
- Cook Soba according to directions on package. Rinse noodles under cold water after cooking.
- While Soba is cooking combine all dressing ingredients in a blender and chop veggies.
- Combine Soba, Chopped Veggies and 1-2 tbl of dressing at a time until desired taste and toss.
- Optional add in shredded chicken, cooked shrimp or tofu for protein.