Waffle Mix from Scratch
One of my kids favorite foods is waffles…and why wouldn’t it be, it is the perfect blend of salty, sweet and crunchy.
I make a big batch of this mix and use it for pancakes and waffles. I even make extra waffles and freeze them for school lunches, adding nut butter and fruit to make waffle sandwiches.
Our go-to add in is, frozen blueberries topped with sliced bananas, Kerrygold butter and syrup but feel free to get creative with your fillings.
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tbl sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk or buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbl avocado oil
- Beat eggs, milk, vanilla and oil.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and combine until blended but don’t overmix. Mixture doesn’t have to be completely smooth.
- If adding any berries or chocolate chips, fold them in.
- Heat up waffle iron and scoop batter in small portions. You don’t need to fill in the iron fully as the waffles expand when cooking.
- Top with butter and warm syrup.
- Nut butters, hemp hearts, chia seeds, bee pollen, fruit