Grain Free Zucchini Bread
I am always looking for ways to add fiber and greens to our diets, especially the kids meals. I don’t believe in sneaking ingredients into their foods but they do appreciate when certain flavors are masked with chocolate, cause let’s be honest, who doesn’t. I love making this grain free chocolate zucchini bread because it’s something the whole family can enjoy as a dessert or snacking bread. I love mine with an iced coffee.
I use my food processor to grate the zucchini and make a double batch to throw into marinara sauce or veggie rice, just remember to pulse not puree. You can also double the recipe and freeze one loaf. Wrap in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze up to 3 months. I defrost on countertop and warm each slice in toaster oven.
Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbl cacao powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips (use grain free sugar free from Lily’s to make 100% refined sugar free and grain free)
- Heat oven to 350 and grease an 8 inch loaf pan with coconut oil and line with parchment paper.
- Grate zucchini on a box grater or pulse in a food processor making sure not to puree.
Wring through a clean dish towel or cheese cloth to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
3. Mix eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla and apple cider vinegar with a whisk or electric mixer until well combined, about 2 minutes.
4. Fold in grated zucchini and chocolate chunks.
5. Add mixture to pan and bake for 50 minutes.