BBQ Lemongrass Ribeye Steak
photos by Yu Tsai
A good Asian steak always starts with a great marinade. Don't rush the marinating time. Allow the steak to marinade overnight to develop the flavor.
My family loves Thai-take out. Who doesn't? This Thai-inspired recipe is a perfect dish to satisfy my family’s consistent craving for Thai take-out. Yours family will love it too.
Remember to let the meat rest for about 3 minutes before cutting it. This will allow the moisture to re-absorb and ensure your steak will be tender and juicy.
From brightness of lemongrass and ginger, this Thai-inspired Lemongrass Ribeye Steak pairs beautifully with my homemade coconut rice.
Serves 2-4 / Prep Time 10 min / Cook Time 25 min / Difficulty Easy
- 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 2 TBL Fish Sauce
- 1 TBL Brown Sugar
- Zest and Juice 1 Lime
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Small Stalk Lemongrass
- 1/2 inch thumb of fresh ginger
- 2 TBL Sambal
- 1 TBL Soy Sauce
- 2 lb Rib eye Steak
- Food process lemongrass, peeled ginger and garlic until well combined. Lemongrass breaks down easiest when chopped into 4-5 segments before processing.
- Add the rest of the marinade ingredients and process until mixture is fully incorporated
- Marinate steaks overnight
- Cook over medium heat bbq according to personal preference of meat. I like medium well which typically takes 15-18 minutes
- Allow meat to rest covered from 5-10 minutes and then slice against the grain and serve with coconut rice