Miso Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes
photos by Yu Tsai
This is an absolute family favorite! My kids love it because it’s so sweet and it’s a great dish for serving if you’re entertaining vegetarians, because it’s so filling and dense in nutrients. It also pairs well with Korean BBQ chicken skewers or a pork roast.
Sweet potatoes are in peak season October to December, and I always like to take advantage of seasonal produce and I pick them up at my local farmer’s market.
Serves 6 / Prep Time 25 min / Cook Time 35 min / Difficulty Easy
- 6 Sweet Potatoes
Miso Maple Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 TBL maple syrup
- 2 TBL vanilla bean ghee
- 3 TBL white miso
- 1 TBL black sesame for garnish
2 cups arugula for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roast sweet potatoes for 30 min until fork tender.
- In a saucepan on high heat add 2 tbl vanilla bean ghee. (This is available prepared, or you can make by combining 2 tbls of ghee and scraping the seeds of one vanilla bean.)
- Add 3 tbl white miso and 1 tbl maple syrup.
- Once simmered and dissolved we’ll pour off into a bowl and set aside.
- Take potatoes out of the oven and allow them to cool.
- Once cooled, cut the potatoes in half and brush them with miso maple butter.
- Place potatoes under broiler for 2-3 min, to glaze.
- Plate them on a bed of arugula and garnish with black sesame. Salt and pepper to taste.