I love to use these food processed veggies in everything from pasta sauce to baked goods to get that extra dose of fiber for the kids. It doesn't stop there, I use it in our bone broth rice and this is a weekly meal prep item in our house cause everyone loves it and is super versaitle. It can be used as a base for rice bowls, side dish or even plain with a pat of butter or ghee and sprinkle of salt. I give stovetop instructions but I will say a rice cooker is kind of a lifesaver, you literally dump it all in and set it and forget it. I love the stainless steel bowl on mine by Nutriware.
- 1/2 cup finely minced veggies (pulsing through food processor is best)
Mix of 1 carrot, 1 celery stalk, handful of spinach leaves, quarter yellow onion, 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups basmati rice rinsed
- 1 tbl butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 1/4 cup bone broth
Directions for rice cooker:
- Mix all ingredients in rice cooker and set it and forget it. When rice is done cooking, fluff with fork and lay out on pyrex glass dish to cool and refrigerate to enjoy for the week.
Directions for stovetop:
- Add oil to saucepan and saute the rice and veggie mixture fro 2 minutes.
- Add rice and bone broth and bring to boil, lower heat to simmer and cover with lid
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes. Do not remove lid while rice is simmering.
- Turn off stove and allow rice to rest for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and fluff with fork.
- Lay rice out on a glass pyrex dish to store in refrigerator for the week if not fully consumed in one sitting.